The Workday integration allows customers to easily synchronize employee data between Workday and Reflektive using Workday’s “Custom Reports” tool. Through this tool, Workday customers can create a custom report containing Reflektive’s requested employee data, and can then share that data with Reflektive via an HTTPS endpoint. Once the endpoint is established, Reflektive will automatically synchronize data on a daily or weekly basis.
Quick Start Guide
- Create a Workday report with the below requested data for all active employees only
- Give Reflektive secure access to the report via an HTTPS endpoint
- Reflektive will pull data daily to synchronize
Reflektive prefers the following delivery format:
- HTTPS endpoint, with username and password protection, delivered via your preferred
secure transfer method
- CSV formatted data
- Include only active employees
We request the following fields for each employee, following these naming conventions:
- uuid - A unique user ID per employee
- user_login - The employee’s primary email address, i.e. email@example.com
- user_name - The employee’s full name, in [First Last] format, i.e. Jane Smith
- user_title - The business title of the employee, i.e Software Engineer
- manager_login - The primary email address of the employee’s manager. This email
address must correspond to another existing user_login, but cannot be the user’s own user_login. If an employee manages themselves, leave this field blank.
- user_department - The department of the employee, i.e. Engineering (Optional)
- location - The location of the employee, i.e. San Francisco (Optional)
- hire_date - The date the employee was hired, i.e. 8/20/2015 (Optional)
- avatar_file_name - A URL to a profile photo for each user (Optional)
- photo_base64_data - A second option for photo delivery; include full base64 data for each photo (Optional)
Tips for Your Workday Administrator
Workday instances can have a wide variety of configurations, but these general tips may be
useful to your administrator in case it is unclear how to create the above report:
- You must be a “Report Writer” in the system to create this report.
- Start by searching for and selecting “Create Custom Report” from the Workday
- When prompted for a Report Type, choose “Advanced”.
- In the “Columns” tab of the custom report, search for and add each of Reflektive’s
- Once the fields are added, navigate to the Advanced Settings tab and set “Enable as a
Web Service” to Yes.
- You will now be able to rename the columns to match Reflektive’s requested column
headers, by returning to the “Columns” tab and entering values into Column Heading
Override for each field.
- Update security permissions to allow Reflektive to access each of the requested fields.
- Create login credentials and a password for Reflektive.
- Lastly, provided the HTTPS endpoint for the CSV format of the report to Reflektive.
Print this Guide
Use this guide for reference or share it with your team by saving or printing this page. Right-click anywhere on this page to save or print.