The BambooHR integration within Reflektive allows us to keep your employee data fully up-to-date with your records in BambooHR. Information such as employee name, title, manager, and active status, and more can be effortlessly kept in sync once you integrate BambooHR with Reflektive.
Step 1: Generate a BambooHR API Key
In BambooHR, the group permissions of the user associated with the API Key will determine which employee information Reflektive will be able to access.
In order to sync with Reflektive, the BambooHR user must have read access to the following employee information:
- firstName or preferredName
- bestEmail or workEmail or homeEmail
We will also attempt to sync the following information to Reflektive if it is available:
Access to this information is usually available through a BambooHR account with Admin permissions. To generate an API key, log in with a BambooHR Admin account, click the avatar (or placeholder) in the upper right hand corner of any page to get to the underlying menu. Click on the "API Keys" option in that menu.
Within the API Key screen, you will see a button in the top right called “Add a New Key”. Click that button to generate a new API Key.
Step 2 - Company Name and URL
Within BambooHR, click on the Settings button in the top right area. Once the settings page, loads, you should be able to find the CompanyName and URL under “Account info” in the third panel from the right.
Step 3 - Send Company URL and API Key
Once you’ve retrieved your company name, url, and API key, forward these to your Customer Success Manager. And that's it! We will attempt to sync fields daily from that point forward.
What data can BambooHR customers see in Reflektive?
- User_login (Employee sign-on email address)
- Preferred_name (overrides display and reported name in Reflektive)
- Manager_login (e-mail of Direct Manager)
- Gender (If provided, for diversity reporting)
- Location (optional, Employee information)
- External_uuid (unique identifier from HRIS, aka EmployeeID)
- Avatar_file_name (Employee profile photo)
*Note* - Custom Fields are currently NOT supported.
- *special note* Secondary_manager_logins (email of assigned Secondary Manager) requires a manual import; you will have to send Reflektive a .csv file with them to be added.
What Does the Data Look Like in People Intelligence?
Below are some examples of what an HR Admin's visual dashboard could look like with some data pulled directly from BambooHR:
Print this Guide
Use this guide for reference or share it with your team by saving or printing this page. Right-click anywhere on this page to save or print.
Article is closed for comments.