Why the update?
The classic review writing experience has been updated to accommodate a number of usability improvements that our customers have asked. Also, it was time for a face-lift in order to put it on par with all the Reflektive products!
The page largely consists of static elements with copious amounts of scrolling. The side-rail only shows a limited amount of information that isn't specific to the question at hand.
The form itself is cleaner and more dynamic eg: questions that you are working on are in focus while the others are grayed out. The submit/save buttons stay with you as you scroll through the other questions. The addition of Collected Responses on the sidebar provides more targeted examples that sync up to the questions.
Below is a complete list of the changes:
- Added indicator of who you are writing a review for (peer/self/manager, direct report) and who will have visibility to your responses. These details appear at the top of a review.
- Users will notice an improved page layout and hierarchy.
- Reviewer can now hide the sidebar
- Moving the Collected Feedback from the manager’s writing space to the sidebar
- More space for Real-Time Feedback posts
- Collapsible components in the sidebar
- Users will be able to navigate to a profile page by clicking on a user’s avatar.
- Instructional text appears below the question rather than above it.
- Hyperlinking within a response form is now available.
- Users will know which questions are required and when they’ve made an error.
- Dropdown question types have been replaced by Multiple Choice question formats. You are allowed to deselect a multiple choice answer and revert things back to an unanswered state.
- Users will be able to focus on 1 question at a time.
- We’ve reorganized Real-Time Feedback posts by date rather than hashtag, so there are no duplicate posts.
- Users will be able to see the progress on their Objective Key Results (OKRs) without having to navigate to Goals
To expand more on Real-Time Feedback posts in the sidebar: We’ve also added the ability to filter these posts by sender (everyone, peers, managers, yourself), date range, and hashtag.
To expand on that last bullet point: we're adding visibility into Goals progress and ability to Update Goals within Reviews. Progress bars now appear under every Goal Question. Employees can update their goal from their review survey and the changes will reflect on both the review survey and the Goals page.
Clicking on the update icon will pop up a goals modal, which allows you to modify the goal on the fly.
Note: email notifications will behave as they are for goals today (editing will trigger notification for example).
We hope these additions and enhancements make the check-ins and reviews far more intuitive to your customers! Please let us know if you have additional questions.