New Administrative Permission Framework for Reviews - Available in early November
Who Does This Affect?
Why the Update?
How Will It Work?
Generally, the levels of permissions that Reflektive has can be summarized as below:
For the purposes of giving review administrators better control over what they can or cannot see, Reflektive is introducing an improved permissioning framework that will give you, the Reflektive administrator (Master Administrator) at your company, the ability to manage your employees' review visibility within Reflektive. We will be focusing on FULL REVIEWS ADMINISTRATORS and LIMITED REVIEWS ADMINISTRATORS and their permutations, as shown below.
The Master Administrator can designate Full Reviews Administrators and Limited Reviews Administrators. The process for doing that is covered in this article.
- Full Review Administrators with Review Builder Access has full functionality, which includes:
- Viewing ALL closed/active/draft review cycles
- Can edit an existing draft/active review cycles (the questions/content of the review)
- Can manage active/closed review cycles (the people management portion of the review)
- Full Review Administrators WITHOUT Review Builder Access loses some functionality:
- They cannot edit draft/active review cycles (the button is not there)
- Limited Review Administrators with Review Builder Access has partial functionality, which includes:
- Viewing ALL closed/active/draft review cycles
- Can edit draft/active review cycles (the questions/content of the review)
- Can manage SOME active/closed review cycles (the people management portion of the review.) The manage button will NOT show if the admin in question doesn't have permission to see the people in the review cycle.
- Limited Review Administrators WITHOUT Review Builder Access has the most limited permissions:
- They can only see review cycles that they have permission to see.
- They can only manage the reviews they can see.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I add new administrator?
A: The Master Administrator (which is a status only Reflektive can grant) can go to the Admin Permission tab and add/edit existing Admin permission groups. Please view this article on how To Create/ Update Permission Groups.
Q: Why don't some of the review admins have Edit Settings button at all?
A: This likely indicates that they are a review administrator that does not have Review Builder access. These administrators will only see a review cycle with the "Manage" button when at least 1 employee in their permission group is a reviewee in that cycle/ receiving feedback in that specific review.
Q: Why do some of the review admins only see 0 participants?
A: The Review Admins who see 0 participants in a review has access to Review Builder to Create/Clone/Edit the cycle settings. However, this administrator is not granted the permission to View the employees being reviewed in the check-in/review.
Q: Why do some of the admin do not have the "Manage" button?
A: The Review Administrator should also see 0 participants. These administrators have access to Review Builder and can edit the review settings but hasn't been granted the permission to any of the employees who are being reviewed in this check-in/review.
Q: How does visibility work?
A: The Edit Settings Button is only accessible for Review Administrators who can use the Review Builder tool. This means any Review Administrator in the system will see all check-ins/reviews in the system (Draft, Active, and Closed.)
The Manage Button (to view employee reviews) is only accessible to administrators who have been granted the review permission through the Admin Permission tab, based on their Administrator Group.
Q: How do I know who has access to the Review Builder tool in my company?
A: The Reflektive Reviews team is working on this for a future release for a better self-service permissioning experience. Stay tuned for updates! Otherwise, please contact email@example.com and our Support Agents can assist you with identifying the administrators and make any necessary adjustments.
Q: Can I limit what review administrators can do in the Review Tracker/"manage" page?
A: Yes, by modifying Review Permissioning on a granular level. Please refer to this article for more details.
Q: What's the difference between the New and Old version?
A: The upcoming Administrator Permissioning framework grants permissions based on the employee group; this new framework gives administrators access to the appropriate employee group both historically and for any future check-ins/reviews. The current Administrator Permissioning framework requires that admins be granted access to each cycle individually.
Q: What are the logistics this migration?
A: As the customer, you don't need to take any action. The new Administrator Permissioning framework for reviews will be taken care of by Reflektive on 11/6/18, evening PST. On 11/7/18, we recommend going to the Admin Permission to perform an audit on the existing Review Permission. You can Add or Remove admins and or the employees in their respective groups.
Q: Can I keep the old Administrator Permissioning framework?
A: No, because this is a universal enhancement without causing a loss of any functionality, all other admin functionality will be built on the new permissions framework and the old permissions framework will soon be deprecated/phased out.
Print this Guide
Use this guide for reference or share it with your team by saving or printing this page. Right-click anywhere on this page to save or print.