What is Goal Management?
Goal Management is a key feature in Reflekive platform - it encourages you to know your team and to achieve goals together. By staying on top of goals and progress with increased visibility and with tools to easily manage performance, companies find that their actions as a whole become a lot more in sync.
- View Team/Company/Group Goals & Search Goals
Filter by individual, company, or group goals. Also, find other goals in Reflektive by using tags, goal names, or employees. If you are a manager/admin, you will also be able to edit/create goals in the respective sections.
- Filter Goals
Filter goals by status or time frame.
- Add New Goal
Add a brand new goal!
- Expand/Shrink Goal
Expand or hide goal details.
Overall objective you're trying to complete.
- Key Result
Step or part of the process you need to complete in order to achieve your overall objective.
- View Goal Alignment
See how your goal connects to others, if it is aligned.
- Update Goal
Alter/revise/update your existing goal objective, OKRs, or any other property of the goals (eg due dates).
- More Options
Align, Cascade (managers/admins only), and Delete goals.
- View Company or Group Goals
View company goals followed by group goals.
Goal Setting Responsibilities
The ability to have productive ongoing communication between managers and employees is contingent on setting clear expectations. Additionally, setting goals plays a big role in employees feeling a true sense of satisfaction, as it’s a platform for understanding what success looks like. Please use this guide to help you as a manager and/or employee to understand your role in setting goals.
Employee’s role in setting goals
- Review the company’s goals, and department goals if available
- Gather input from internal partners to understand needs over the next goal period
- If you were in my role, what would your 3 focus areas be?
- What keeps you up at night?
- How can I best help you fulfill your priorities?
- Ask your manager for their top 3 priorities for the goal period
- Ask your manager what their expectations are of you in the next goal period
- Read through your last review to identify areas you need to develop
- What strengths do you want to develop more?
- What experiences are important for you to grow professionally?
- Draft initial set of goals to review with your manager (ideally 3-5 goals)
Manager’s role in setting goals
- Talk to your own manager (the employee’s manager’s manager) to understand
- their top 3 priorities for the goal period
- Walk your team through the company goals if available
- Ask your employees for their input on their expectations of the team
- Create a draft of your goals and/or team goals and share with your employees
- Ask your employees to create a draft of their goals
- Review your employee’s goals and provide your input
Print this Guide
Use this guide for reference or share it with your team by saving or printing this page. Right-click anywhere on this page to save or print.