Reflektive’s Slack integration allows teams to thank each other within Slack, and have those thanks get posted on to the Reflektive Recognition Wall.
As a Real Time Feedback Admin, you can easily connect your company’s Slack instance
through our integrations configuration page.
To read about our Slack integration's data policy, download this file:
- To set this integration up, you will need to either be a Integrations Admin, or have someone on your team that is a Integrations Admin help you.
Please ensure that the email address an employee has within Slack is the same as their email address within Reflektive.
- If they are not the same, when you recognize someone on Slack, it will not post to Reflektive Wall (eg. firstname.lastname@example.org within Reflektive and email@example.com within Slack; this person will not get recognized because the email addresses are different)
- Since your employees may use a single sign-on service to log into Reflektive, it's advisable to change their email address in Slack. Ask you Slack admin for a list of the emails in Slack if you suspect this may be true.
- Go to Admin > Integrations. If you do not have access to the integrations tab, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get you set up.
- Within the integrations tab, click on the arrow to expand the Slack integration options.
3. Within the Slack options panel, click the on/off toggles to enable one or more Slack integrations for your team:
- Reflektive → Slack sends feedback that is posted on the Reflektive wall to the Slack channel of your choice. Add the name of the channel (do not include the #) that you'd like Reflektive to forward public feedback to. To avoid double-posts/an echo effect, please do not invite the Reflektive bot to the channel where you want all feedback to be reposted to.
4. Click on Enable Slack Integration.
5. Clicking this button will bring you to this Slack dialog which lists your Slack teams. Select the team that you'd like to enable the Reflektive Slack integration for (use drop-down menu in the top-right to select the correct organization). Then, click Allow.
6. After clicking Allow, you'll be directed back to the admin/integration page for Slack. The integration will now show as Enabled. To finish syncing your user base, click Sync Slack Team - if you don't, the integration won't pick up any employees you'd like to recognize.
7. Once you've authorized Reflektive, the integration with Reflektive should be active immediately.
8. If you’ve enabled Reflektive → Slack, you should start to see Reflektive posts in the
channel you defined above (try posting something on reflektive.com/app and confirm
that it is forwarding to the channel).
9. If you’ve enabled Slack → Reflektive, you should see the Reflektive Bot appear in the Direct Messages list within Slack. You must invite the Reflektive bot to specific channels in order for it to recognize keywords and post from Slack to Reflektive.
- Once the Reflektive Bot is in the channel, you can recognize your teammates by
@ mentioning them and using any of your keywords. (eg, Thanks @john for
helping with the product demo yesterday!) The bot should prompt you to post this
- Alternatively, you can direct message the Reflektive bot in order to initiate the
Slack feedback flow.
- Direct messaging the Reflektive Bot the phrase “keywords” will display the words
that the bot will listen for when you @mention someone.