Reflektive Real-Time Feedback offers a full two-way integration with the Slack messaging app, to allow for greater visibility and ease of use. Once enabled, users can view and send Reflektive feedback directly within Slack.
Open up a direct chat with the Reflektive bot and type "help". You will see a list of commands available to you.
Posting to Slack
With the Reflektive → Slack integration enabled, any public feedback posted from Reflektive's email inbox integration or the Reflektive web application will also be posted in a Slack channel of your choice. For example, if David Wallace uses the Reflektive web application to thank Michael Scott, it will appear in Slack as follows:
Input: Web App
Output: Slack Channel
Notes on this integration:
- Recognition posts can appear in any channel your administrator sets. For some companies (usually <250 employees), the #general channel is a great place for this. For others, a custom channel like #shoutouts or #kudos works well.
- Each post in Slack will include an "@" tag for sender and recipient, to notify them both directly of the post.
- Anyone viewing the post can click to "Like" and "Comment", which link directly into the Reflektive web app platform.
Posting from Slack
When using Slack, users can also post messages directly back to the Reflektive web app Recognition Wall. This is done using keywords, like "Thanks", "Thank You", and "Great Job". Any time an employee uses a keyword and an "@" tag in a public channel your Reflektive bot has been added to, the employee will be given the option to post that message back to Reflektive. The sender will be asked to confirm the post to Reflektive, and can choose "Yes" or "No". If "Yes", then the post will be made to Reflektive immediately.
That feedback will then appear on your Reflektive web app Recognition Wall, as a public post:
The post will also appear in the Slack channel you chose for feedback, completing the connection for maximum visibility.
Certain notifications will appear within Slack in regards to reviews.
- Reviewees will receive nudges (when sent by Admins) to complete reviews
- Managers will receive notifications when their direct reports submit or edit their reviews
- Mobile: The Slack → Reflektive workflow is also fully integrated with the Slack Mobile application on all platforms. This allows users to easily post feedback to Reflektive anywhere, at any time.
- If an employee declines to post or ignores the confirmation, nothing will be posted to Reflektive.
- The Slack → Reflektive integration will only function if both sender and recipient are existing users in Reflektive, and using the same email as within Reflektive and within Slack.
- The Slack → Reflektive integration will only function in public channels.