Now that you know how to send email communications about your review and to add or remove participants from an active review cycle, we'll cover bulk actions, viewing/sharing reports, and rating changes (also known as calibrations.)
Bulk Approve Actions (360 Reviews Only)
Bulk actions allow administrators to advance their employees or a subset of the employee population to the next step of the review/check-in process if they so desire.
On the Review Tracker, if you are able to manage a particular 360 review, then you will see the "Bulk Actions" drop-down selector.
After clicking on the "Bulk Actions" drop-down, you can select "Approve Reviewers".
Next, a modal box appears where you can use check-box filters to specify exactly which employees you want to advance to the next stage of the 360 review.
Any filters that you have selected on the previous screen will show up on the modal window under the subsection "Filters Applied."
How to Change Ratings in Reflektive (Performing Calibrations)
Typically, the PROCESS of calibrations follow these 4 steps:
- Manager provides initial rating
- Questions/responses within the review get locked after a certain date
- Calibration process beings where managers discuss ratings with HR
- Changes to ratings are done with the four methods below.
There are four ways for an administrator to change an employee's ratings.
- Ask the employee's manager to edit the review and update the rating (if the questions/responses aren't locked yet)
- Proxy in as the employee's manager to edit the review and update the rating
- Use the "Calibration" tab to change ratings in app (Recommended)
- Use the "Imports" tab to do bulk uploads
Note: If you do not see a tab called "Calibration" or a tab called "Imports," please contact Reflektive support so that we can enable it for you.
How to Use the Calibration Tab
- Click on Admin tab > Calibration subtab
- Choose the cycle
- Choose whether you want to view the report as yourself or as a specific manager
- Click on "Start Editing"; you'll be taken to the live calibration screen
Live Calibration Screen
Live Calibration Screen
- Scroll to the right to see all the headers in the datasheet
- Start making edits to any rating scale or dropdown questions
- Any edits that you make are highlighted with a color, while any fields that are fixed/unable to be altered have a lock icon next to it
- Click on "Publish" to save your edits!
Can I Change a Rating in a Closed Cycle?
- Yes, you can pull up closed cycles in the "Calibration" tab and edit the rating.
What Else Does the System Do After a Calibration is Made in the System?
- The new calibrated score will immediately override the previous feedback within a review
- The manager will not receive a notification when feedback has been calibrated - it's up to the manager to let the employee know that a new rating has come in.
How to Use the Imports Tab for Bulk Updates
If you prefer to do rating edits in a spreadsheet and upload, you can use Reflektive Imports.
- Click on Admin tab > Reports subtab
- Choose the report type, cycle, calibration, and email the full csv report to yourself
Always use "Email Full CSV Report" because "Download Current Results" does not give you the full data set.
Tip: save a backup copy of the calibration report prior to alterations in case any hard-to-catch errors are made.
- Always use "Email Full CSV Report" because "Download Current Results" does not give you the full data set.
- Save your newly calibrated report as a CSV file and upload it back into Reflektive by navigating to the Imports tab on the left side of the Admin screen and selecting the appropriate review cycle.
- Click "Choose File" to find and upload your newly saved calibration report
- Click "Upload"
- You will receive a confirmation message notifying you that your file is being processed. Expect an email once the process is completed.
Important: When Imports are used instead of Calibrations, all text formatting will be erased from the Free Response Answers.
If you wish to make changes only to the rating questions, then kindly remove any
"Free Response Questions and Answers" when importing the file.
Additionally, any rating changed to NA or Not applicable would not be captured via import and would have to be made via the " Live Calibration" option only.
Why Would I Use Imports Instead of Calibration?
- If you need to make bulk changes to free responses or nine-box questions
- If you prefer to work in a spreadsheet vs. in the application when doing rating changes
- If you have more than 100 changes to make
Can I Get a List of Employees That Have Not Completed a Step?
Yes, you can do that by going to the Reports subtab, and pulling an "Employee Review Progress by Step" report
Can I Get a List of Employees That Have Submitted Their Feedback About Someone?
Yes, you can do that by going to the Reports subtab, and pulling a "Review Completion Status" report
Can We Bypass Step 1 (Select Peers) in a 360 Review?
No, participants in a 360 review need to first select their peer feedback providers before they can start writing any assessments. This is so that the peer feedback providers have enough time to write their own assessment and provide feedback for the employee.
This helps speed up your review cycle and finish it on time.