You are not alone if your organization has waves of engagement with Recognition.
For example, engagement tends to be higher in November and December, with the Holidays often creating sentiment for employees to recognize colleagues. In turn, January into February can be lower as employees return from Holiday vacations and may have post-seasonal blues.
To increase your company’s engagement with Recognition, we recommend the following as best practices to re-engage your employees:
Create an initiative to reboot Recognition: Dedicate a month or longer to do so:
- Engagement and adoption of recognition comes from the top down. When employees see managers and above adopting your core principles, employees tend to follow suit as a sign of your company culture
- Have these RecognitionAmbassadors commit to giving at least 5 pieces of recognition each week (to direct reports and non) during your recognition month. We recommend carving out one hour per week
- Come up with a catchy theme: Summer of Sharing, Fall FRecognition, February Feedback, etc.
- Ask 2-5 members of the leadership team to be RecognitionAmbassadors:
- At the end of every week, announce the departments that are sending/receiving/requesting the most feedback via a company email, post in your company newsletter, or in Slack.
Be sure to fill in the highlighted areas with your company name or personal touch!
We are happy to announce that during the month of June we will be having the Summer of Sharing!
- What is the Summer of Sharing?: During the Summer of Sharing, we will be re-engaging Reflektive to help us share more meaningful feedback and to do it transparently, openly, and productively. We will use Recognition for the following:
- Why the Summer of Sharing?: It’s important for us to highlight our colleagues and their great work when it embodies our company values (your Recognition hashtags). It’s equally important for us to ask for feedback so we can continue to improve, learn, and grow. Please keep your feedback meaningful! While you should absolutely thank someone who picked up your morning coffee, Real-Time Feedback is not the place to do so.
- Who can I give feedback to? Anyone! Just remember to ensure it is valuable, meaningful, and insightful feedback that the receiver can learn from
- When is the Summer of Sharing?: June 1-30, 2018. The department that has the most sent, received, and requested feedback will enjoy a team happy hour!
- More Questions?: We will have a formal announcement during all-hands on __________. If you have any follow-up questions, please see your manager or HRBP’s _____________.
We are really excited for the Summer of Sharing!
Your HR Team